Skilled Independent Visa (Points-tested) stream subclass 189.
The Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189 (Points-tested) stream is for Points-tested skilled workers, to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident, who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government.
- You must be under 45 years of age at time of invitation
- Your occupation must be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
- You must have a skills assessment that shows you have the skills and qualifications to work in that occupation.
- At the time of application, you must be able to meet the points score on your invitation letter, this will be a minimum of
60, with higher points getting preference. (Updated in 2018: You must score at least 65 points on our points test to be eligible for this visa. If you can’t score 65 points we will not invite you to apply.)
- Some Occupations require 75 or 80 points.
- You must have Competent English.
Note: January 2019: The Minimum Points score for the last 6 months has been 70, although some occupations, such as: Accountants, Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers needed 80 points. More…
For the 189 Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream you need to submit an expression of interest.