Should Visa Applicants Book Flights before the Visa is Granted.
Many visitors to Australia feel that booking a flight to Australia, when they submit their application, but before the visa is granted, will help the Immigration Official to grant their visa in time for that flight.
They are generally wrong.
This is shown as one example.
- Department of Home Affairs strongly advises that applicants do not make irreversible travel or other plans that are contingent upon grant of an Australian visa. Department of Home Affairs will not be responsible for any loss incurred because a visa application has not been finalised in time to meet an applicant’s travel plans.
These quotes are from various Immigration agent websites:
- If you apply for this visa from outside Australia, do not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised in writing that you have been granted a visa.
- .. advises its clients not to make any travel or hotel bookings, sell any property, or give notice of intent to leave any job until you have your visa.
- It is strongly recommended that applicants do no make any confirmed travel arrangements until they receive their Visas
The Australian High Commission, United Kingdom, shows this statement:
- You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or unsuccessful.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16