This was a question that I asked in a poll some time ago, and the results came out quite interesting:
- 57% Cheaper in UK (373 Votes)
- 26% Cheaper in Australia (170 Votes)
- 17% About the same (75 Votes)
That is the perception of 657 voters.
What is the reality ? (These are figures based on my two living locations in UK and Australia)
Price per kw (Day rate)
- British Gas 13.488 pence per kWh and include VAT. (Before any discounts offered)
- Origin Energy 25.37810 cents per kWh and include GST. (Before any discounts offered)
I wonder how that compares as a percentage of each counties average wage ?
UK Electricity Prices February 2012
12.88 pence Lowest
17.06 pence Highest
14.29 pence Average