South Australian Couples, of either Sex, can Register a Relationship in their State.
You can register your relationship in South Australia, if you are :
- both 18 years of age or older, and
- are in a relationship with another person as a couple, irrespective of their sex or gender identity, and
- provide a certified copy of a document that proves that at least one person is currently living in South Australia.
If either party has previously been married, in a registered relationship or corresponding law registered relationship, you must upload a certified copy of evidence that the previous relationship has ended.
Evidence of a relationship is not required to register a relationship, but applications must be accompanied by completed statutory declarations, witnessed by an authorised person, and including evidence of identity and age of both people.
Updated 30 June 2021, from the 2017 original publication date.
Fees to register a relationship in South Australia.
- $123.00 Register a relationship (non-refundable)
- $55.50 Standard relationship certificate (required for Immigration and other legal purposes)
- $78.50 Commemorative certificate (includes standard and display certificate)
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.