Refund or Extension for unused Visas?.
The Australian government has announced that they will offer Visa Application Charge (VAC) refunds, waivers or visa extensions to some visa holders who have been unable to travel to Australia due to COVID-19.
This might be very relevant to some holders of the subclass 300 and 309 visas.
If the applicants had their visa granted but were unable to travel, within the normal allowed time period, it would be good if an extension can be given so that the visa can be used once the borders open.
Alternatively, a refund given, if the applicant so chooses.
Updated: 10 December 2020
On 10 December 2020, regulations were made extending the visa validity period to 31 March 2022 for certain Prospective Marriage visa holders who are outside Australia and who held a Prospective Marriage visa at any time between 6 October 2020 and 10 December 2020.
Individual visa holders will be directly notified by the Department.
If you received an extension to your visa validity period, but you have not travelled to Australia as a holder of this visa, you may become eligible to request a refund of the Visa Application Charge (VAC) paid.
We are currently working to finalise arrangements around how VAC refunds will be managed, with refunds expected to be available by late February 2021.
Recent Related Posts
- Partner Visa Pipelines for Applications onhand 25th February 2021
- Medical and Police Check for 16 year old dependent on Partner Visa. 24th February 2021
- Partner Visa Time from RFI to Grant 20th February 2021
- Can an Australian PR living overseas Sponsor a Partner 20th February 2021
- Subclass 309 Visas Granted in 2021 19th February 2021
- Partner Visa Time from Assessment to Grant 19th February 2021
- Partner Visa Fee from PMV-300 19th February 2021
- Partner Visa Processing Times January 2021 18th February 2021
- Getting Married before 309 Partner Visa is Granted 15th February 2021
- Australian Subclass 309 Partner Visa Applications from Hong Kong. 15th February 2021
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.