How Long Do You Need To Be Together For a 461 Visa.
Normally proof of a 12 month, genuine and ongoing relationship, similar to being married, is required for the Subclass 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship five year visa.
The relationship period is stated as having to be met at ‘time of application’.
Subclass 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa.
This visa is for a person who is not a New Zealand citizen, but is a member of a family unit* of a New Zealand citizen.
It lets you live and work in Australia for five years.
Provide either: your current marriage certificate and documents to demonstrate you are in a genuine and ongoing relationship, or. enough documents to prove you have been in a de facto relationship with your partner for at least 12 months before you apply.
* Family Unit.
For visa purposes, you are a member of the main applicant’s family unit if you are:
- the main applicant’s spouse or de facto partner
- the main applicant’s child, or their partner’s child, who is not engaged, married or in a de facto relationship and is:
- aged under 18 years, or
- aged 18 to 23 years and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant’s partner, or
- aged 23 years or older and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant’s partner due to a partial or total physical or mental disability
- the dependent child of the child above
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16