Subclass 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa.
This visa is for a person who is not a New Zealand citizen, but is a member of a family unit* of a New Zealand citizen.
It lets you live and work in Australia for five years, while a partner of the New Zealand citizen.
The cost of the subclass 461 visa was $365 at July 2020. This is substantially less than the cost of a Permanent Partner Visa for the partner of an Australian citizen, at $7,715.
This subclass 461 visa will NOT lead to permanent residency in Australia, but can be renewed onshore as required, while in a relationship with an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Subclass 461 related posts
- Subclass 461 Visa Processing Times 18th March 2021
- Subclass 461 Visa Renewal 6th March 2021
- Health Insurance or Medicare on 461 visa 26th November 2020
- Is a subclass 461 visa a Permanent Visa 26th November 2020
- Should a 461 visa holder Apply for a Partner Visa 17th November 2020
- Subclass 461 Grant and Refusal Numbers 2019-2020 17th November 2020
- 461 Visa Relationship Requirements 20th June 2019
* Family Unit.
For visa purposes, you are a member of the main applicant’s family unit if you are:
- the main applicant’s spouse or de facto partner
- the main applicant’s child, or their partner’s child, who is not engaged, married or in a de facto relationship and is:
- aged under 18 years, or
- aged 18 to 23 years and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant’s partner, or
- aged 23 years or older and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant’s partner due to a partial or total physical or mental disability
- the dependent child of the child above