Partner Visa Subclass 300

Sponsor ai2

Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage visa.

The subclass 300 visa is often called a Fiance/Fiancee Visa, and is actually called a Prospective Marriage Visa [PMV].

It is an initial Temporary visa in the Permanent Residency process for the fiance of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to be able to live in Australia, with their partner, after they marry.

It is issued to applicants who are OUTSIDE Australia at the time of Application, and not yet married to their partner.

Some people, while waiting for a subclass 300 visa, decide to get married earlier. If you do, then you should visit this page: Getting Married before PMV 300 Visa is Granted

Once the subclass 300 visa is granted you are able to enter Australia, get married, and then make an application for the Onshore Partner visa (subclass 820).

People on the subclass 300 visa often get the 820 visa processed faster than those who go directly to the 820, as they have already been processed for most requirements on the 300 application.

With this visa you can

  • stay in Australia for 9 months from date of grant of visa
  • work in Australia
  • study in Australia at your own expense

You must

  • be 18 years old or older
  • be sponsored
  • intend to marry your prospective spouse before the visa period ends

You are NOT eligible for Medicare, until the subclass 820 application has been submitted.

Relevant subclass 300 posts

3 thoughts on “Partner Visa Subclass 300”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

  1. If you feel like sending $5 to buy me a cup of coffee, please click the donate button.

  2. Hi I applied for visa300 for my fiancé in March 2020 we have been in relationship since Sep 2019. My application status is Initial assessment and action is Health assessment which he is completing now. How long does it take after initial assessment to final results in usual circumstance. Thank you for your advise and time.

    1. Around 9 months was common a few years ago, from application to finalisation, but it varies depending on where your application is processed.

      It is impossible to come up with a figure from initial assessment to finalisation, as it is not always possible to know when they begin looking at it.

      I have seen some grants go from submitted direct to grant, without even mentioning the initial assessment stage.

      However, in theory from initial assessment to grant could take a few days for a fully complete application, to a year or so for an incomplete and difficult application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.