Sponsor Application for an Australian Partner Visa.

Every application for a Partner Visa for Australia requires a Sponsor, normally the Husband/Wife of the applicant, but this can also be a De-Facto partner, of either sex.

The term “Defacto” is not common in every country, so, for those who are not aware of its meaning, Defacto, in this context, basically means “in the same way as a married couple“.

ie:  You normally live together like a married couple would, but you are not legally married.

Some Partner Visa Applicants forget to do the Sponsor side of the Application, and wait, sometimes up to a year, while Immigration wait for them to do that side of the application.  This will obviously delay the partner visa application.

The paper form to do this was always called the ‘Form 40SP – Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia’, but this is now done online in most cases.

The way to complete the sponsors side of the Partner application is normally in the same IMMI account that the applicant has, and select the 3rd option in the Family section of the menu options shown below, named: “Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300,309/100,820/801)

Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10


Donations Welcome
$5.00 for a cup of coffee will keep me going.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.

Donations ai-8

The information we give is based on personal experiences, reading and formulation of available statistics.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x