Australian Visa Processing Times August 2021

These are the Australian Visa Processing Times, shown by the Department of Home affairs, for visas finalised in August 2021.

Last updated: 18 September 2021 (for month ending 31 August 2021)

Australian Visa Processing Times August 2021

Visa75% of Visas
in up to
10% Of Visas
in over
10019 months27 months
10115 months24 months
10218 months29 months
11778 months112 months
12423 months26 months
132 Significant Business History32 months33 months
132 Venture Capital Entrepreneurn/an/a
15553 days65 days
1574 months4 months
186 Direct Entry Pathway7 months10 months
186 Agreement Pathway7 months11 months
186 Transition Pathway17 months21 months
187 Direct Entry Pathway35 months43 months
187 Transition Pathway10 months17 months
188 Business Innovation30 months35 months
188 Investor28 months33 months
188 Significant Investor15 months24 months
188 Premium Investorn/an/a
188 Entrepreneurn/an/a
188 Business Innovation Extension15 months19 months
188 Significant Investor Extension14 months16 months
189 Points-Tested18 months29 months
189 New Zealand15 months16 months
1904 months17 months
30025 months34 months
30921 months28 months
40014 days39 days
403 Government Agreement6 months8 months
403 Foreign Government Agency3 months9 months
403 Domestic Worker (Diplomatic or Consular)n/an/a
403 Seasonal Worker Program15 days17 months
403 Privileges and Immunities62 days4 months
403 Pacific Labour Scheme8 days15 days
4078 months14 months
408 Entertainment Activities19 days61 days
408 Research Activities24 months25 months
408 Religious Work8 months9 months
408 Special Programs3 months4 months
408 Invited for Other Social and Cultural Activity1 Day4 days
408 Australian Government Endorsed Events4 months6 months
408 Exchange Arrangementsn/an/a
408 Superyacht Crew24 days38 days
408 Domestic Work for Executivesn/an/a
408 Sporting Activities16 days43 days
4174 months6 months
44514 months19 months
46130 months43 months
46239 days66 days
47614 months18 months
482 Short-term77 days7 months
482 Medium-term4 months7 months
482 Labour Agreement4 months6 months
482 Sponsorship14 days43 days
482 Nomination35 days4 months
485 Graduate Work8 months11 months
485 Post-Study Work6 months7 months
48928 months34 months
491 State/Territory Government Nominated Regional6 months14 months
491 Family Sponsored Regional9 Months11 Months
494 Employer Sponsored3 months5 months
494 Labour Agreementn/an/a
500 Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector3 months5 months
500 Postgraduate Research Sector5 months7 months
500 Independent ELICOS Sector82 days8 months
500 Schools Sector6 months8 months
500 Vocational Education and Training Sector4 months6 months
500 Higher Education Sector3 months5 months
500 Non-Award Sector6 months12 months
5906 months8 months
600 Tourist7 months10 months
600 Sponsored Family5 months11 months
600 Business Visitor5 days11 days
60229 days46 days
65132 days3 months
77122 days9 months
8019 months14 months
80211 months20 months
80829 days49 days
82023 months30 months
858 Global Talent Pathway73 days3 months
858 Distinguished Talent20 months23 months
870 Sponsorship75 days4 months
8705 months9 months
88715 months16 months
888 Business Innovation26 months31 months
888 Investor20 months24 months
888 Premium Investorn/an/a
888 Significant Investor24 months25 months
888 Entrepreneurn/an/a
89227 months38 months
9884 days6 days
Last updated: 18 September 2021 (for month ending 31 August 2021) N/A indicates that insufficient visas were finalised to produce meaningful statistics. Probably under 5.



The table format has been changed to be a bit clearer, showing 75% took under a certain time, with 10% taking over a certain time.  This leaves the 15% that took between the two figures.

ie: 13-22 would mean: 75% processed in under 13 months, 15% between 13 and 22 months, and 10% taking over 22 months.

Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10

Old Table Format explanation:

Where it says 75% or 90% of Visas Processed, it shows a time in days or months which relate to these examples:

  • 75% Processed 20 months = 75% of the visas in that month were finalised in 20 months or less. Visas processed in 3 or 4 months would be included in “under 20 months“.
  • 90% Processed 24 months = 90% of the visas in that month were finalised in 24 months or less. This leaves 10% that took over 24 months.

Therefore 75% were finalised in 1 to 20 months, 15% took between 20 and 24 months, and 10% took over 24 months.


Donations Welcome
$5.00 for a cup of coffee will keep me going.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.

Donations ai-8

The information we give is based on personal experiences, reading and formulation of available statistics.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x