What evidence is needed to prove Relationship for subclass 820 visa?
If you are married, you need to provide your marriage certificate, or other evidence that your marriage is valid in Australia.
If you are a de facto partner, you need to provide proof of your de facto relationship.
As well as providing the above, you need to provide evidences regarding your Joint Finances, your Joint Household situation, your Joint Social activities and your Commitment to each other.
This is often termed as the ‘Four Pillars’ of your relationship.
The official wording at homeaffairs.gov.au/…/evidence-of-relationship. is:
Show us how you and your partner share financial matters. You could give us:
- joint mortgage or lease documents.
- joint loan documents for major assets like homes, cars or major appliances.
- joint bank account statements.
- household bills in both names.
Show us how you and your partner share domestic matters. You could give us:
- a statement about how you share housework.
- household bills in both names.
- mail or emails addressed to you both.
- documents that show joint responsibility for children.
- documents that prove your living arrangements.
Show us evidence that others know about your relationship, such as
- joint invitations or evidence you go out together.
- proof you have friends in common.
- proof you have told government, public or commercial bodies about your relationship.
- proof you do joint sporting, cultural or social activities together.
- proof you travel together.
Show us how you are committed to a long-term relationship with each other. You could give us:
- proof you have knowledge of each other’s background, family situation or other personal details.
- proof you have combined your personal matters.
- the terms of your wills.
- proof you stay in touch when apart.
Everyone’s answers to these will be very different.
This is what I did:
The Four Pillars: Finances
- We had no joint mortgage or lease, but we had a letter saying that we both lived together. This could be from a landlord, or family member if staying with family. (preferably a stat dec.)
- We had no joint loans, so did not supply anything for this category.
- We had a joint bank statement, but with no transactions. We supplied this together with copies of each others individual bank statements, with the same address.
- I added the applicant onto the house insurance, and provided a PDF scan of that change.
The Four Pillars: Household
- A simple statement saying that we share the cooking and cleaning etc., and live normally as a man and wife.
- We had no household bills in both names, so nothing uploaded.
- No mail addressed to both at the same time, so we uploaded copies of envelopes/parcels sent to us individually, but with the same address
- Not applicable, so nothing uploaded.
- That had me stumped, so I sent a photo of the bedroom, my basic things on one bedside cabinet, and the one on her side full of make up etc., etc..
The Four Pillars: Social matters
- Photos of the two of us in restaurants, and in the local parks with the dog.
- Photos of Applicant and Sponsor with Sponsors family. (2 photos with 2 family members)
- ATO and Medicare Letters showing we both live at same address. Screenshot of linked Flybuys cards.
- A statement saying we don’t do sporting, cultural or social activities. But that we do watch a lot of TV together, and go shopping together. We added photos of selfies of us both at the shops.
- Selfie photos of the two of us in the car together, and at the beach, just the two of us.
The Four Pillars: Commitment
- We didn’t mention anything on this.
- The bank statements showed everything for both of us paid by the one account.
- No wills made, but I said we would do one eventually.
- We were not apart, and just said exactly that.
That is to give a very basic idea of what can be done.
This topic can be discussed at: Forum: Evidence of Relationship for subclass 820 visa
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.