The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council [ANMC] is an authorised assessing authority for the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) and undertakes skills assessments of internationally qualified nurses and midwives seeking permanent migration in Australia.
Assessment Fees as at July 1, 2009:
- Full Assessment – $690.00
- Modified Assessment – $210.00
For information about Migration Skills Assessment, applications and determinations please contact the ANMC International Section
- Australian Nursing Council – www.anmc.org.au – National body concerned with national standards and processes for the regulation of nursing within Australia.
- Department of Immigration – Doctors and Nurses – http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/medical-practitioners – Whether you have a high level of skills and experience or need to gain additional skills, there is a visa to suit you.
- Queensland Nursing Council [QNC] – www.qnc.qld.gov.au – The QNC issues licences and assesses nurses’ and midwives’ competence for the annual renewal of their licence in Queensland.
- NSW Nurses and Midwives Board – www.nmb.nsw.gov.au – is the statutory authority responsible for the registration of nurses and midwives, the authorisation of nurse practitioners and midwife practitioners, and the enrolment of nurses in New South Wales.
- Nurse and Midwives Board of Western Australia – www.nmbwa.org.au –
Government Pay Scales for Nurses:
- Queensland – www.health.qld.gov.au…/nursing.asp –
- HealthStaff Recruitment – www.healthstaffrecruitment.com.au – HealthStaff Recruitment assist Registered Nurses, Doctors and Healthcare Professionals in finding their ideal job.
- In 2 Nursing – www.in2nursing.com.au –
- Oxley Nursing – www.oxleynursing.com.au –
- Ramsay Health Care – www.ramsayjobs.com.au – Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator.
- Plexus Medical Recruitment www.plexusrecruitment.com – A leading medical recruitment company based in Melbourne.
- Nursing Australia – www.nursingaustralia.com – International Nurse Recruitment Agency – 11 offices within Australia
- Nursing Agency Australia – http://nursingagency.com.au – A nursing agency in Australia
- Information for Registered Nurses regarding visas and immigration to Australia. Obtaining a visa to reside permanently in Australia made easy. – www.australia-migration.com/page/Nurses_ANC/257
I was reading something back in October, where someone from the UK was leaving a job on 22,000 and the same job level that they were going to in Queensland was $57,000. These figures represent 80% and 81% respectively, of each countries national average wage as at May 2009.
ALL applicants applying for registration who have undertaken their initial nursing and /or midwifery education outside of Australia (with the exception of New Zealand), must from 1 July 2009, demonstrate English language proficiency. Source in WA