UK – Australia Trade Agreement for Visa holders

There are some changes in the current UK – Australia Trade Agreement that will affect some Visa holders.

The major one being discussed is the 3 year Working Holiday Visa for the British coming to Australia and a reciprocating one for Australians going to the UK.

A news article on this, which should probably say: ‘Currently, UK citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 are eligible for the Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417), which allows you to work and travel in Australia for up to two years’,  or maybe ‘ Australian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 are eligible for the Youth Mobility Scheme visa’, is:

3 year Visa UK-Aus from news-com-au

The changes are intended to increase the age to 35, and remove the need to do farm work to be allowed to stay longer.

Australians Working Holiday in UK

For young Australians who want to have a working holiday in Britain, the UK currently offers the Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5), which allows an Australian passport holder a working holiday visa to work and travel throughout the UK for two years.

Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10

You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa (T5) if you:

Donations Welcome
$5.00 for a cup of coffee will keep me going.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.

Donations ai-8

The information we give is based on personal experiences, reading and formulation of available statistics.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x