1966 Australian Federal Election Final Result.
The Australian 1966 Federal Election was held on 26 November 1966, just 3 days short of 3 full years since the last Federal House of Representatives election.
The population of Australia at the time of this election is estimated to be about: 11,600,000
The number of Australians enrolled to vote in this election was: 6,002,049. There was a 95.13% Voter Turnout.
House of Representatives 1966.
FIRST PREFERENCES BY PARTY (shortlist)
- 2,291,964 Liberal Party of Australia
- 2,282,834 Australian Labor Party
- 561,926 Country Party
- 417,411 Democratic Labor Party
TWO PARTY PREFERRED
- 3,248,847 Liberal Coalition win by 787,945 votes (56.9%)
- 2,460,902 Australian Labor Party (43.1%)
Seats By Party 1966 Federal Election.
- 82 Seats Liberal Coalition (66.67%)
- 41 Seats Australian Labor Party (33.33%)
The leaders of the two main parties in this 1966 election were:
- Harold Holt – Liberal
- Arthur Calwell – Labor