Australian Median Incomes August 2019.
The median income is the amount where half the people earn more than that figure, and half earn less.
The ABS has released its figures for the Median Earnings in August 2019, and these show that Males in Full Time employment now have a median income of $76,700 per year with Females earning $65,000 per year.
Therefore half of all Male, Full time workers, have an annual income of $76,700 per year or more, and half earn that figure or less.
Australian Full Time Median Incomes 2019.
$1,475 Male Full Time Median Weekly Earnings ($76,700 per year)
$1,250 Female Full Time Median Weekly Earnings ($65,000 per year)
This represents a rise since 2011 of:
23.6% for Males in Full Time Employment
25.0% for Females in Full Time Employment
It also shows that Males earn about 18% more than Females when in Full Time employment. Much higher than the difference in the hourly rate (shown later). This might indicate that Males work more hours than Females.
Australian Full Time Median Incomes 2011.
$1,193 Male Full Time Median Weekly Earnings ($62,047 per year)
$1,000 Female Full Time Median Weekly Earnings ($52,000 per year)
2019 Full Time Median Earnings by State.
Full Time Median Annual Earnings for Males in:
- New South Wales $77,740
- Victoria $73,824
- Queensland $73,996
- South Australia $69,784
- Western Australia $86,489
- Tasmania $68,089
- Northern Territory $78,000
- Australian Capital Territory $86,090
Full Time Median Annual Earnings for Females in:
- Females in New South Wales $66,504
- Females in Victoria $65,000
- Females in Queensland $62,400
- Females in South Australia $59,800
- Females in Western Australia $67,600
- Females in Tasmania $62,531
- Females in Northern Territory $70,315
- Females in Australian Capital Territory $76,281
Those figures create an interesting statistic:
- $76,281 is the median annual Full time income for Females in the ACT.
- $68,089 is the median annual Full time income for Males in Tasmania.
Australian Part Time and Full Time Median Incomes.
Male Part and Full time Weekly Median Earnings August 2019
$1,275 per week (2019) an increase of 8.51% since 2014
$1,259 per week (2018)
$1,175 per week (2014)
Female Part and Full time Weekly Median Earnings August 2019
$950 per week (2019) an increase of 15.15% since 2014
$911 per week (2018)
$825 per week (2014)
These figures show that Males earn 9.97% more than females based on the hourly median average earnings.
Median Hourly wages in August 2019 are $34.20 per hour for males and $31.10 for females.
The figures also show that Female median wages are rising faster than Male median wages.
Income Groups in August 2019.
These groups include Full and Part time, and both Male and Female.
- 10% earn $345 or less per week
- 15% earn between $345 and $700 per week
- 25% earn between $700 and $1,100 per week
- 25% earn between $1,100 and $1,651 per week
- 15% earn between $1,651 and $2,416 per week
- 10% earn $2,416 or more per week
Australian Median Hourly Wage by Qualification level.
Males Median Hourly Rate by Qualification level.
Male Workers with a Bachelor degree or higher had a median hourly wage of $45.95.
Male Workers without any qualifications had a median hourly wage of $27.00.
- $50.00 Postgraduate degree
- $51.47 Graduate diploma/Graduate certificate
- $42.85 Bachelor degree
- $45.95 Total – Bachelor degree or higher
- $38.12 Advanced diploma/Diploma
- $34.72 Certificate III/IV
- $30.45 Other
- $39.00 Total – with non-school qualifications
- $27.00 Without non-school qualifications
- $34.21 Total – ALL employees
Females Median Hourly Rate by Qualification level.
Female Workers with a Bachelor degree or higher had a median hourly wage of $40.91.
Female Workers without any qualifications had a median hourly wage of $25.20.
- $46.03 Postgraduate degree
- $44.41 Graduate diploma/Graduate certificate
- $39.47 Bachelor degree
- $40.91 Total – Bachelor degree or higher
- $31.74 Advanced diploma/Diploma
- $28.89 Certificate III/IV
- $29.40 Other
- $35.00 Total – with non-school qualifications
- $25.20 Without non-school qualifications
- $31.10 Total – ALL employees