Age Related COVID-19 Death Rates.
COVID-19 mortality risk from a study of analysed age-specific data on over 800 deaths and 20,000 diagnoses in Victoria.
The overall population-wide risk of death following the diagnosis of a COVID-19 infection was 4%. ie: 4 deaths from every 100 cases.
However, this varied between under 1%, to up to around 40%, based on different age groups.
COVID-19 Mortality Risk
- 40% for people in their 90s.
- 32% for people in their 80s.
- 14% for people in their 70s.
- 3% for people in their 60s.
- Under 1% for people up to 59.
The study underlines the need for age-specific analysis.