The latest news on the English language requirement for Partner Visa applications appears to be:
- It should be implemented in mid to late 2021.
- It will apply to the permanent stage of the Partner Visa application, (Subclass 801 or Subclass 100).
- Applicants will get 500 hours of free English lessons.
The requirement is “Functional English”; enough to go to the shops on your own and manage very basic situations, such as:
- Order a coffee in a cafe.
- Ask for a loaf of bread in a shop.
- Tell the police that your husband is beating you.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.