Jobs for Australian Working Holiday Visa Holders

Employment Opportunities for Australian Working Holiday Visa Holders.

Working Holiday Visa holders often have difficulties getting the right type of jobs while on their holiday in Australia, as most employers need regular employees.

A Working Holiday Visa holder (Subclass 417 and 462) can normally only work for an employer for 6 months (there are exceptions), and many employers would not be keen on employing someone with that restriction.  However, there are obviously those employers who are happy to employ short term workers.  Many of these will be farms, and therefore not in the main cities.

Jobs for BackPackers in Australia.

Here are some links to find Jobs that should be correct for Back Packers and Working Holiday Visa holders.

Working in Australia – six months with one employer.

If you hold a Working Holiday (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa, the main purpose of your visit must be for an extended holiday. You can do any kind of work over the course of your 12 month stay in Australia; however, the conditions of your visa limit you to a maximum period of six months work with any one employer, unless you’ve been given permission by the Department of Home Affairs to work longer.

However, you do not need to seek permission to work with the same employer for up to 12 months, in circumstances where the work is undertaken in different locations and work in any one location does not exceed six months.


Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x