Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa subclass 870.
The Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa subclass 870 came into effect on 1st July 2019.
You MUST have an approved Parent Sponsor before you can lodge an application for this visa. Applications to be a Sponsor became available on 17 April 2019.
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa subclass 870 Fees.
The sponsorship application fee is currently $420.
The subclass 870 visa application charge is:
- $5,000 for a visa of up to three years’ duration; or
- $10,000 for a visa of up to five years’ duration.
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa subclass 870 Information.
- There will be a cap of 15,000 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas in each year (from 1 July to 30 June).
- This Visa holder has NO working rights.
- Processing times will be dependent on a number of factors, including the number of applications lodged and whether an applicant provides all required information with their application.
- The sponsor must have a minimum taxable income of $83,454.80 to be able to sponsor their parents.
- You must have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily.
- You cannot apply for a permanent parent visa when you have this visa.
Subclass 870 Sponsor obligations include:.
- You must agree that you will provide financial support and accommodation for the sponsored parent while they are in Australia.
- You must agree to tell us if things change and if certain events occur. You need to let us know, for example, if you are charged with a crime or the sponsored parent dies. This obligation ends the day after you cease to be a sponsor
- You must agree to pay back all outstanding public health debts incurred by the sponsored parent in Australia. This obligation ends when you have paid the debt back or have an approved arrangement in place to pay it back. You must pay the debt back even if the sponsored parent leaves Australia.
You will need to make your commitment to the obligations when completing the sponsorship application.
If you don’t comply with your sponsorship obligations, we might cancel your sponsorship and/or your parent’s visa.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.