No Response to a Travel Ban Exemption application?
Many people have applied for a Travel Ban Exemption, and many of these do not receive a fast reply.
Is it worth applying again?
If you have been refused, the answer is YES, apply again but with a better explained application.
If you have not received a reply, and the flight date that you gave in your earlier application has gone past, then I would suggest another application, and again with better explained reasons for your request.
This is wording from one of the Australian Embassy FAQ pages:
Individuals may not receive a response to requests for exemption from the travel restrictions until very close to the flight departure time.
Your Travel Ban Exemption request must include:
- traveller details: name, date of birth, visa type and number, passport number.
- proposed residential address and phone number in Australia.
- your reasons for coming: why you should be granted an exemption.
- a supporting statement: setting out how you meet one of the grounds for an exemption.
- accompanying evidence.
All documents need to be officially translated into English.
To complete a travel exemption request you should hold a visa, or have applied for a visa, and provide information and documents to support your request.
Make only one request per person. Duplicate requests will delay assessment.
Holders of a Partner visa (subclasses 100, 309, 801 and 820) or a Child visa (subclasses 101, 102, 445) are permitted to board and do not need to submit an exemption request.
An example of circumstances that would generally meet inward exemption requirements:
The partner of a person who is in Australia and in the final trimester of their pregnancy or otherwise due to give birth.
- Inwards Travel Restrictions Operation Directive: homeaffairs.gov.au/…/inward-travel-restrictions-operation-directive.pdf
- Commissioner’s Guidelines: Decision making about individual
exemptions from Australia’s inwards travel restriction policy: homeaffairs.gov.au/…/commissioners-guidelines.pdf
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16