Quarantine Fees in Australia – How to Pay..
During COVID lockdowns in Australia, some people still need to travel to another area of Australia, and need to be quarantined. Others, who have arrived from overseas also have to undergo this compulsory hotel quarantine.
With the Australian taxpayers no longer covering these quarantine costs, each traveller has to pay towards these hotel quarantine costs.
Quarantine costs are decided, and collected by, each state or territory government.
In general, payment is made after quarantine is completed, and an invoice is issued.
Most governments will accept payment by BPAY, BPOINT, Post billpay, Direct deposit, etc.
For those in financial difficulties there is an option to apply for a payment plan.
Quarantine Fee Payment Plan
Subject to acceptance, a payment plan may be available allowing payments to be made over periods between 6, 12 and 18 months, depending on the invoice balance.
Full details on how to apply for a payment plan will be sent with the invoice.
An example of these details can be seen at the Queensland government website: www.qld.gov.au
Recent Related Posts
- Hotel Quarantine for Vaccinated International Arrivals. 6th February 2021
- More Overseas Arrivals Allowed to enter Australia 5th February 2021
- Quarantine Costs 2021 9th January 2021
- Quarantine Options in Australia. 9th January 2021
- Exemptions to COVID Quarantine in Australia 12th October 2020
- Not Enough Quarantine Places in Australia 15th September 2020
- Quarantine for New Arrivals in Australia travelling Interstate. 15th September 2020
- Exemption from Compulsory Quarantine in Queensland. 14th July 2020
- Queensland bars Entry from some NSW Areas 14th July 2020
- All Australians to pay for Mandatory Quarantine. 13th July 2020