Australian Visa Processing time 21-27


Vision Direct

Are YOU the next winner of a new luxury property?

Sponsor ai1

What Does Processing time of 21-27 mean for Australian Visas?.

Some people think it means their visa will take between 21 and 27 months, but that is not correct.

In the 2019-2020 year, the statistics for the subclass 820 onshore partner visa showed a processing time of 21-27, ie: 75% at the 21 month mark and 90% at the 27 month mark.

But, the average time was 17 months, ie: half of these visas actually took less than 17 months.
The fastest 25% took less than 14 months.

From a total of 26,320 subclass 820 visas that were granted during 2019-20, the average time processing time was actually 17 months.  ie: half took under 17 months, and half taking over 17 months.

The actual processing times, broken down even further, were:


Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10
  • 25% took under 14 months.
  • 25% took between 14 and 17 months.
  • 25% took between 17 and 21 months.
  • 15% took between 21 and 27 months.
  • 10% took over 27 months.

Those figures are the breakdowns for the processing time: 21-27, with 75% being under 21 months, and 90% being under 27 months.

2127 really means that 25% of the total will take longer than 21 months, the other 75% are faster than 21 months.  But 10% took over 27 months.

The figures bears no relation to the average, which in this case was 17 months.

Source: Department of Home Affairs FOI request FA 20/08/00333

Donations Welcome
$5.00 for a cup of coffee will keep me going.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.

Donations ai-8

The information we give is based on personal experiences, reading and formulation of available statistics.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments