Five visa changes are being implemented in Australia to ensure that international students are not worse off due to the coronavirus pandemic and that Australia remains competitive with other countries.
The changes include:
- The Government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge, if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to COVID-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to COVID-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
These changes have been made taking into account the principles that the health of Australians is key, but that international students should not be further disadvantaged by COVID-19.
This is detailed further at the Home Affairs Press Release 20 July 2020.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16