Is the subclass 820 Partner visa a Permanent Visa Application?
Most answers to that question would be that the subclass 820 is a Temporary visa application.
However, that would not be quite right.
When you submit this application you are actually applying for a Permanent visa.
Normally a successful applicant will receive a temporary visa first (the 820), followed by a wait before the permanent visa (the 801) is granted. However, some applicants do get the permanent visa at the same time as the initial temporary visa. This confirms that their original single application gave them the permanent visa (the 801).
The medical for the Partner visa is also confirmation that it is a Permanent visa application, as the paperwork specifies that the medical being requested is for the subclass 801 permanent visa. It does not mention the temporary 820 visa.
The application fee, that is paid when you submit your partner visa application, covers the 801 permanent visa that you have applied for in the combined 820/801 application.
The combined 820/801 application is an application for a Permanent Partner Visa.
Most people just happen to get a temporary visa issued while waiting for the permanent visa that they applied for.
Recent Related Posts
- Subclass 820 Visas Granted in 2021 6th March 2021
- Partner Visa De Facto Relationship 12 Months 6th March 2021
- Partner Visa Pipelines for Applications onhand 25th February 2021
- Partner Visa Time from RFI to Grant 20th February 2021
- Partner Visa Fee from PMV-300 19th February 2021
- Partner Visa Processing Times January 2021 18th February 2021
- Subclass 820 Visa Grant Statistics in 2020 10th February 2021
- Partner Visa Grants from the Philippines in 2020 10th February 2021
- subclass 820 Visa Processing Times in 2020 24th January 2021
- Bank Accounts for Australian Partner Visa 24th January 2021