What is a MARA migration agent?.
MARA stands for “Migration Agents Registration Authority”.
This is an Australian government department, with its website at: “https://www.mara.gov.au/“.
The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority is the industry regulator for Australian migration agent services, and their functions are set out in Section 316 of the Migration Act 1958.
The following is their page about what they do.
The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA) is an office of the Department of Home Affairs (the Department). We are based in Sydney and operate nationwide.
Our functions are set out in Section 316 of the Migration Act 1958. As the industry regulator for Australian migration agent services we administer a comprehensive regulatory framework, including relevant provisions of the Act.
Our main objectives are to ensure that:
Clients needing migration services understand their rights.
Registered migration agents understand their obligations.
Only suitable people are registered as agents and that unsuitable people are refused registration or re-registration.
Agents maintain the knowledge and skills needed to provide accurate and timely advice to their clients.
Agents are monitored for integrity of conduct and quality of immigration assistance.
Clients of registered or formerly registered agents have an effective way to complain.
We handle complaints efficiently.
A useful page on their website is this:
Recent Related Posts
- Electric Cars to Cost Less Than Petrol Cars 25th February 2021
- How does Australia define an Australian resident? 25th February 2021
- Pointless Petitions? 25th February 2021
- Petition to Extend Temporary Visas 25th February 2021
- Partner Visa Pipelines for Applications onhand 25th February 2021
- Medical and Police Check for 16 year old dependent on Partner Visa. 24th February 2021
- Pfizer or AstraZeneca Vaccines 24th February 2021
- Who Called from: 0404 472 470 23rd February 2021
- Annual Jobseeker or Newstart increases 2016 to 2021 23rd February 2021
- $50 Jobseeker Increase from April 23rd February 2021
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.