2,200 more overseas arrivals per week.
Australia has increased the number of overseas arrivals being allowed to enter Australia to 6,300 per week, from the current 4,100 per week.
This will take effect from the 15th February 2021.
The National Cabinet has said that getting Australians back home is a top priority.
This increase in quarantine places, and subsequent extra airline seats, will help thousands of those Australians who are still trying to return home.
On 15 Feb 2021, the numbers of people allowed to enter each Australian state, each week, are:
NSW 3,010 up from 1,505
VIC 1,310 up from 1,120
Qld 1,000 up from 500
SA 530 up from 490
WA 512 no change yet
Total 6,362 up from 4,127
The Howard Springs quarantine facility near Darwin will also have its capacity increased.
Recent Related Posts
- Hotel Quarantine for Vaccinated International Arrivals. 6th February 2021
- What if I Can’t Pay a Quarantine Fee? 1st February 2021
- Quarantine Costs 2021 9th January 2021
- Quarantine Options in Australia. 9th January 2021
- Exemptions to COVID Quarantine in Australia 12th October 2020
- Not Enough Quarantine Places in Australia 15th September 2020
- Quarantine for New Arrivals in Australia travelling Interstate. 15th September 2020
- Exemption from Compulsory Quarantine in Queensland. 14th July 2020
- Queensland bars Entry from some NSW Areas 14th July 2020
- All Australians to pay for Mandatory Quarantine. 13th July 2020