New COVID-19 cases in QLD.
29th October: 2 new cases. 5 cases are still active from the total of 1,171 cases in Queensland.
28th October: 2 new cases.
26th October: No new cases. 3 cases are still active from the total of 1,167 cases in Queensland.
25th October: No new cases. 6 cases are still active from the total of 1,167 cases in Queensland.
24th October: No new cases. 6 cases are still active from the total of 1,167 cases in Queensland.
23rd October: 2 new cases. 6 cases are active from the total of 1,167 cases in Queensland.
22nd October: No new cases. 4 cases are active from the total of 1,165 cases in Queensland.
21st October: One new case in Queensland from an overseas arrival and detected while in hotel quarantine. There are now 1,165 total cases in Queensland, with 5 being classed as active.
16th October 2020: Queensland has reported two new COVID cases, and both are arrivals from overseas.
- One came into Queensland from Africa, and went directly into hotel quarantine in Cairns.
- Another entered Queensland from the United States and was in hotel quarantine on the Gold Coast.
Neither are classed as a risk to the general public.
Queensland’s Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said: “As more Australians come home, we will see more Australians with the virus.”
Queensland has recorded 7 cases so far in October. There were 35 new cases in September.
Of the 1,164 total cases in Queensland:
- 4 are considered still active
- 2 are in hospital
- 6 have died.
Source of infection
- 864 Overseas acquired.
- 21 Interstate acquired.
- 238 Locally Acquired, a close contact with confirmed case.
- 41 Locally Acquired, no known contact.
16 Oct 2020: 2 new cases, both international arrivals.
15 Oct 2020: 1 new case, a woman in her 30s, who returned from 3 days in Melbourne.
10 Oct 2020: 1 new case.
2 Oct 2020: 3 new cases.
Monthly case numbers
- 1,157 cases at end of September (35 cases in the month)
- 1,122 cases at end of August (39 cases in the month)
- 1,083 cases at end of July (16 cases in the month)
- 1,067 cases at end of June (9 cases in the month)
- 1,058 cases at end of May (25 cases in the month)
- 1,033 cases at end of April (290 cases in the month)
- 743 cases at end of March (734 cases in the month)
- 9 cases at end of February (7 cases in the month)
- 2 cases at end of January (2 cases in the month)
Recent Related Posts
- Australia Reducing International Arrival Numbers 8th January 2021
- 28 New COVID-19 Cases in NSW 18th December 2020
- Reduction in Overseas Arrivals into Australia November 2020 17th December 2020
- COVID-19 and the Airlines 16th December 2020
- Overseas Arrivals into Australia 16th December 2020
- COVID-19 Cases in Australia to November 2020 3rd December 2020
- Students coming to Australia – COVID. 14th November 2020
- WA New COVID-19 Cases 1st November 2020
- Australian International Arrival Limits Oct/Nov 2020 30th October 2020
- 175 Australians Return to Australia today 23rd October 2020