The Household Utility Assistance Package.
- The $50 Asset Ownership Dividend, plus
- Another $50 towards your Electricity costs, plus
- $100 towards your water costs.
- This totals $200
The Queensland Government is providing a $300 Million Household Utility Assistance Package to all Queenslanders during the Covid-19 crisis.
This is in addition to the Government’s Asset Ownership Dividend package, worth $100 million, and will see households receive a $200 utility payment to assist with electricity and water bills this year.
Q. What makes up the household utility payment?
- The $200 (combined) utility payment builds on the previously announced $50 Asset Ownership Dividend and will see households receive another $50 in electricity bill relief (bringing it to a total of $100 in electricity bill relief), and a further $100 towards water bills this year.
Q. How will people receive the payment?
- The entire $200 utility rebate – for both electricity and water costs – will be provided through the household electricity bill.
This is the simplest way to get this money to Queensland households as quickly as possible.
Q. Do people have to do anything?
- No. The amount will be automatically applied to your bill.