QLD State Election 2015.
The 2015 Queensland state election was held on Saturday 31 January 2015.
This was a win by the Australian Labor Party (ALP), led by Annastacia Palaszczuk.
- Liberal/National: 1,084,060 votes giving 42 seats.
- ALP: 983,054 votes giving 44 seats.
- The Greens: 221,157 votes, but with no seats.
- Palmer United Party: 133,929 votes, but with no seats.
- Katter’s Australian Party: 50,588 votes giving 2 seats.
- Family First Party: 31,231 votes, but with no seats.
- One Nation: 24,111 votes, but with no seats.
- Independent: Peter William WELLINGTON, Nicklin: 18,058 votes giving 1 seats.
- 95,313 votes were shared between other winning candidates, but with no seats.
Queensland State Election 2015 at 82.03% complete.
Results at 5th February 2015 after 2,445,362 votes or 82.03% of electoral register.
Total Formal First Preference Vote by Party.
992,522 : Liberal National Party
903,364 : Australian Labor Party
196,428 : The Greens
118,293 : Palmer United Party
43,660 : Katter’s Australian Party
27,736 : Family First Party
22,178 : One Nation
89,051 : Other Candidates
The top FOUR Safest Seats, by primary votes, in Queensland are:
- Inala. 68.82% voted for Annastacia PALASZCZUK, ALP. 17,891
- Woodridge. 63.82% voted for Cameron DICK, ALP. 14,754
- Southern Downs. 63.02% voted for Lawrence SPRINGBORG, LNP. 17,832
- Surfers Paradise. 61.95% voted for John-Paul LANGBROEK, LNP. 15,045
The Electorates with the closest primary votes were:
- Joseph KELLY – ALP, Greenslopes district, beat Ian KAYE – LNP by 46 votes
- Kate JONES – ALP, Ashgrove district, beat Campbell NEWMAN – LNP by 225 votes
- Rick WILLIAMS – ALP, Pumicestone district, beat Lisa FRANCE – LNP by 311 votes
- John GRANT – LNP, Springwood district, beat Mick DE BRENNI – ALP by 313 votes