New Migrants to Australia show a different picture of Religion to the existing population.
The following changes have been recorded from the 2011 Australia Census
- 18% of New Migrants are Catholic
- 26% of the existing population are Catholic
- 7% of New Migrants are Anglican
- 13% of existing population are Anglican
- 10.0% of New Migrants are Hindu
- 3.0% of existing population are Hindu
- 8.4% of New Migrants are Islams
- 4.7% of existing population are Islams
- 7.7% of New Migrants
- 6.6% of existing population
- 24% of New Migrants have no religion
- 19% of existing population have no religion
These differences reflect the larger number of new arrivals from non-European countries.