Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate

Do you need a need a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate.

To be able to serve Alcohol in Australia, you need to hold a responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate. This often involves a one day course to get certified. The average course fee in 2018 was $60 and took four hours to complete.

Australia MySkills:

Each State has its own version, but these are normally recognised throughout Australia.

Queensland Responsible Service of Alcohol.

It is mandatory for certain people involved in Queensland’s liquor industry to have a current responsible service of alcohol (RSA) certificate.
If you hold an RSA certificate from another Australian state or territory and that qualification is a ‘Statement of Attainment’ in ‘Provide responsible service of alcohol’, you can use this attainment in Queensland.

Victoria Responsible Service of Alcohol.

The RSA course covers legal requirements of the sale and service of alcohol, harm minimisation and duty of care, anticipating problems and managing patrons, assess and monitor the levels of intoxication of patrons, advise patrons on standard drinks and the effects of alcohol.

New South Wales Responsible Service of Alcohol.

Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training is mandatory for everyone in NSW who sells, serves and supplies alcohol.
You can’t work in the liquor industry without a valid RSA competency card or interim certificate.

Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10

South Australia Responsible Service of Alcohol.

All staff involved in the service or supply of liquor on licensed premises must complete RSA training.

Tasmania Responsible Service of Alcohol.

A licensee must not allow a person to serve liquor on licensed premises unless the person –
(a) has successfully completed an “approved course” – (RSA training course); or
(b) has been an employee of the licensee for, in aggregate, less than 3 months and is –
(i) undertaking an approved RSA training course; or
(ii) formally enrolled in an approved RSA training course that is scheduled to start within 3 months from the day on which the person is permitted to serve the liquor. The RSA training course is to be held within 3 months of commencing employment.

West Australia Responsible Service of Alcohol.

All supervisory and bar staff must complete the Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol course conducted by an approved and accredited training provider.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x