Definition of a Substantive Visa.
Australian Immigration often refers to a Substantive Visa, and this can be confusing if a person does not know what a Substantive Visa actually is.
I am aware of some people on a visitor visa thinking that was NOT a Substantive Visa. They were wrong, a visitor visa is a Substantive Visa .
The Australian Immigration Website states:
What does “Substantive visa” mean?.
A substantive visa is any visa that allows the visa holder to remain temporarily in Australia other than:
- a bridging visa
- a criminal justice or enforcement visa
A Bridging Visa is NOT a Substantive visa.
Almost every other visa IS a Substantive visa.
Recent Related Posts
- Can I work on a Bridging Visa? 19th February 2021
- Bridging Visa from Student to Partner Visa 8th June 2020
- Bridging Visa between 309 and 100 visas 2nd February 2020
- When does a Bridging Visa come into Effect? 10th December 2019
- Apply for BVB before BVA is Active 28th November 2019
- How do I apply for a Bridging Visa for Australia 26th July 2018
- Bridging Visa A (BVA) 14th June 2018
- Bridging Visa B (BVB) 13th June 2018
- Bridging Visa C (BVC) 12th June 2018
- From Visitor Visa to Partner Visa 11th June 2018
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.