Working Holiday Maker visa (417 and 462) to support northern Australia

Working Holiday Maker visa (subclasses 417 and 462) initiatives to support northern Australia.

From 21 November 2015, you might be eligible for an employment extension to work with one employer in Northern Australia beyond the usual limit of six months, up to 12 months work with one employer in northern Australia.
See: Working in Australia ?? six months with one employer

Second Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) initiative.

This initiative will be available to participants from all of Australia’s Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462) arrangement partner countries. It will be open to applications once the necessary legislation comes into effect.

More information about the timeframe for implementation will be available shortly.

Subclass 462 visa holders who undertake three months (88 days) work during their stay in either the agriculture or tourism and hospitality industries within northern Australia, will become eligible to apply for a second Work and Holiday visa. For this purpose, northern Australia includes all of the Northern Territory, and those parts of Western Australia and Queensland above the Tropic of Capricorn.

All participants will be required to pay a new Visa Application Charge when they apply for a second Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462).


Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x