ALDI have an interesting 4-stroke, unleaded petrol Generator available for $329. ( I thought it was just $79.99 when I first saw the advert – but I was wrong).
I checked the operating costs of this unit, based on petrol costs of $1.50 per litre.
At 66% of power usage, the cost of power works out at about $1 per hour.
This is based on the quoted consumption of 0.65 litres every hour at that usage rate.
These are the specifications of the unit:
- Inverter technology to operate with sensitive equipment
- Lightweight construction 2.7L fuel tank 4-stroke air cooled engine
- Smart throttle engine for fuel saving
- Fuel cap with vent lever for safe transportation
- Continuous Power: (240V): 900W
- Max. Power: (240V): 1,000W (S2 5 min)
- Max. Power: 1.04 kW / 1.4 HP.
- Power connection: (12 V d.c.): 70W
- Rated voltage: 230 V / 12V d.c.
- Rated current: 4A ~ / 6A (12V d.c.)
- Frequency: 50Hz. 1 cylinder, 4 stroke air cooled engine
- Displacement: 52.6 cm3
- Fuel: Unleaded petrol
- Tank capacity: 2.7L with lockable feature
- Consumption at 2/3 load: approx. 0.65L/h
- Net weight 13.0kg
- Digital inverter technology to operate with sensitive equipment
- Ventilation for continuous operation
- Features/ Includes: carry handle for easy transportation, stable supporting stand, safety tripping element for equipment protection, economy switch for quiet and sparing work, 1 x 240V socket, for easy current drain, 1 x 12V connection with adapter cable for cigarette lighter plug, integrated fuel tap, reversing starter
- Material: PP housing