Australian Citizenship Applications and Grants July 2019.
The number of people waiting for their Australian Citizenship has reduced from 221,695 at 31 May 2019 to 198,477 at 31 July 2019.
This is a reduction of 23,218 for that two month period. (11,609 per month). Assuming about 25,000 new applications in that period (there were 12,930 in July), then they must be processing/finalising about 25,000 per month.
Citizenship Application Comparisons 2017-2019
12,930 people applied for Australian citizenship by conferral in July 2019. A little higher than the average for last year, but a LOT less than the year before.
124,250 people applied for Australian citizenship by conferral in the period 1 July 2018 and 31 May 2019. That’s an average of about 11,300 per month.
239,413 people applied for Australian citizenship by conferral in the period 1 June 2017 and 30 June 2018. That’s an average of 19,951 per month.
Citizenship Applications received between 1 July 2019 and 31 July 2019.
- 12,930 Australian citizenship by conferral
- 1,735 Australian citizenship by descent
- 4,152 Evidence of Australian citizenship
Citizenship Applications on hand at 31 July 2019.
- 198,477 Australian citizenship by conferral (down from 221,695 at 31 May 2019)
- 2,316 Australian citizenship by descent
- 693 Evidence of Australian citizenship
Citizenship Processing Times for July 2019.
From date of application to ceremony
- 75% were done in 20 months or less
- 15% took between 20 and 24 months
- 10% took over 24 months.
Why do Citizenship Applications take so long?.
Factors that can affect the processing time of your application include:
- whether you have submitted a complete application, including all the supporting documents.
- how promptly you respond when asked for more information or documents.
- the time it takes to check the information you have provided.
- the time it takes for information from other agencies, usually for character and national security requirements.
- for applications for evidence and citizenship by descent, the time it takes for the postage of your citizenship document.
There were 244,765 Citizenship Applications by conferral, on hand (in the pipeline) at 30 June 2018, but this has reduced to 198,477 at 31 July 2019.
This is a reduction of 46,288 for that 13 month period. (An average of 3,560 per month)
Recent Related Posts
- Australian Citizenship by Descent 18th February 2021
- Citizenship Applications and Grants September 2019 18th October 2019
- SBS say that 90% of Citizenship Applications take 24 months. 18th September 2019
- Australian Citizenship Application Processing Delays 27th June 2019
- Australian Citizenship by Birth or by Grant 12th February 2019
- Australian Citizenship Cost 2019 9th February 2019
- Citizenship of Child born Overseas to Australian PR Visa Holder 2nd June 2018
- Australian Citizenship by Birth 12th December 2017
- Australian Citizenship Legislation Amendment 2017 – Second Reading 10th August 2017
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.