Citizenship of Child born Overseas to Australian PR Visa Holder

Child born Overseas to Australian PR Visa holder..

Children born outside Australia to parents who are not Australian citizens do not automatically acquire Australian citizenship and they are not eligible for citizenship by descent.

Therefore, children born outside Australia to permanent visa holding parents will need to apply for and be granted a migration (ie. permanent resident) visa to be able to enter and remain in Australia with their parents.

Child born in Australia to Australian PR Visa holder..

Children born in Australia automatically acquire Australian citizenship if at least one parent is an Australian
citizen or permanent visa holder at the time of the child’s birth.

Donations Welcome
$5.00 for a cup of coffee will keep me going.
Thank you to those who have sent me a coffee, it is very much appreciated.

Donations ai-8

The information we give is based on personal experiences, reading and formulation of available statistics.
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance. - ai16

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x