The numbers of Overseas Arrivals into Australia is much smaller in 2020 than it was in 2019, obviously due to COVID-19.
- In the first 11 months of 2020 there were 2,527,690 Non-Australian Citizen Arrivals.
- In the first 11 months of 2019 there were 10,596,670 Non-Australian Citizen Arrivals.
For the months April to November for 2019 and 2020, these numbers were:
- 2019: 7,356,810 Non-Australian Citizen Arrivals.
- 2020: 75,300 Non-Australian Citizen Arrivals.
* COVID Travel restrictions were in effect from April 2020.
Normally there are more foreign citizens arriving, but, since March 2020, the numbers of Australian Citizens arriving has exceeded the number of Non-Australian Citizen Arrivals.
|Month-Year||Australian Citizen Arrivals||Non-Australian Citizen Arrivals||Total Arrivals|
I noticed that the month with the highest number of Australian Citizens returning home is January. I wondered why at first, but then realised that many might be coming home after spending Christmas with family in their old home country.
I checked the departure numbers, and Yes, the highest number of Australian Citizens leaving Australia is in December.
Some of course might just be going overseas on normal holidays.
July and October are the next two months for large numbers returning.
January, April, July and October are the start of term months for most Australian schools.
And April is the 4th highest month for Australian Citizens returning home.
Overseas holidays taken during school holiday times does appear to be popular.
Recent Related Posts
- Australia Reducing International Arrival Numbers 8th January 2021
- 28 New COVID-19 Cases in NSW 18th December 2020
- Reduction in Overseas Arrivals into Australia November 2020 17th December 2020
- COVID-19 and the Airlines 16th December 2020
- COVID-19 Cases in Australia to November 2020 3rd December 2020
- Students coming to Australia – COVID. 14th November 2020
- WA New COVID-19 Cases 1st November 2020
- Australian International Arrival Limits Oct/Nov 2020 30th October 2020
- QLD New Covid Cases 29th October 2020
- 175 Australians Return to Australia today 23rd October 2020
Some Visa Applicants might find an Experienced Australian Migration Agent of great assistance.