Queensland road rules.
New road rules from 12 October 2009
Changes are being made to the Queensland Road Rules to ensure they align with the Australian Road Rules.
The changes to the Queensland Road Rules will come into effect from 12 October 2009.
Key changes include
- fog lights – turn off fog lights in clear weather.
- If you drive with fog lights on in clear weather you risk being fined A$40
- single centre line – don’t U-turn.
- If you do a U-turn over a single continuous centre line you risk being fined A$180 and three demerit points
- seatbelts – all passengers must wear them.
- If you drive with a passenger of any age without a seatbelt or child restraint you risk being fined A$300 and three demerit points
- wheeled recreational devices,
- If you ride one, when and where they are not permitted, you risk being fined A$40.
For more information about the new road rules, download the document below.
- Road rules – questions and answers (PDF**, 54KB) contains more detailed information about the new Queensland road rules.
Note that there are specific rules regarding child restraints – the new child restraint rules are effective as of 11 March 2010.