The prices of fully installed Solar Power systems has really been changing over the last few weeks.
After Rebates, these are a couple of options that I have seen in March 2010, in my area in South East Queensland.
- 1.5 kW systems with 8 panels $4,990 at originenergy.com.au
- 1.53kW system with 9 panels $ 1,990 at eco-kinetics.com
- 3.0 kW system with 7 panels $ 984.50 at freesolar.com.au
That is the advertising, but I haven’t seen all the small print yet.
The only one that I have fully checked is the 1.53kW system with 9 panels at 170w each. This adds up to (9 x 170) 1.53kW of power that can be produced per hour.
The cheapest option above states that extra panels (165w-170w) are available. So my calculation shows that with 7 panels they will produce about (7 x 170) 1.19kW of power per hour. I assume that the 3.0 kW that they advertise is the maximum that the inverter unit can handle, if they have 18 panels attached.
A bit more checking and I got these prices
- 3.0 kW system with 18 panels $ 8,679 at freesolar.com.au
- 3.0 kW system with 18 panels $ 8,490 at eco-kinetics.com
I think I am ready to place my order now.