Speeding Fines in Victoria 2019.
It is an offence to exceed a speed limit in Australia.
Speeding is the cause of about 40% of road fatalities in Australia, and about 30% of all road accidents in Australia.
Each Australian State and Territory can impose different fines and penalties for any motoring offence, and this can include financial penalties and demerit points which can lead to loss of licence.
The following shows the basic speeding fines, for Private Motor Vehicles in Victoria, as at July 2019.
Victoria Speeding Fines.
- Exceeding by less than 10 km/h: $207 plus 1 Demerit Point
- Exceeding by 10 –24 km/h: $330 plus 3 Demerit Points
- Exceeding by 25 –29 km/h: $454 plus 3 months licence suspension
- Exceeding by 30 –34 km/h: $537 plus 3 months licence suspension
- Exceeding by 35 –39 km/h: $620 plus 6 months licence suspension
- Exceeding by 40 –44 km/h: $702 plus 6 months licence suspension
- Exceeding by 45 km/h or more: $826 plus 12 months licence suspension
- Exceeding by 20 – 24 km/h (in a 110 km/h zone): $330 plus 3 months licence suspension