The Australian Aged Pension from March 2019.
The Australian Aged Pension is revised in March and September each year, and the March 2019 new Pension Rates have been released. This pension is paid Fortnightly.
The Government Aged Pension is a welfare benefit, paid by the Department of Human Services [Centrelink], the Australian welfare system.
The new, fortnightly, rates from 20th March 2019 are:
Single Person Aged Pension March 2019
$843.60 from $834.40 Single Base pension
$ 68.50 from $ 67.80 Pension Supplement
$ 14.10 no change from $ 14.10 Energy Supplement
$926.20 from $916.30 Total Pension
Married Person Aged Pension March 2019
$635.90 from $629.00 Married Base Pension
$ 51.60 from $ 51.10 Pension Supplement
$ 10.60 no change from $ 10.60 Energy Supplement
$698.10 from $690.70 Total Pension
Eligibility for the Australian Aged Pension.
The Aged Pension is an Income support for older Australians, it is not something that everyone gets. It is only for those in Financial Need.
Most Australians reaching retirement age will be eligible for a Superannuation from their Employment, under the Compulsory Super Plan. This income may make them ineligible for the Aged Pension under the Income and Assets test.
To be eligible for the Aged Pension you need to fit the various Eligibility Requirements, these include:
- Age Requirement
- Residence Requirement
- Income test
- Assets test
Pension Rates are reduced where the recipient receives other income.
A single person would lose 50 cents for each dollar over $168 of other income per fortnight.
A member of a couple would lose 50 cents for each dollar over $300 of other income per fortnight.
The Residence Requirement.
To be eligible for the aged pension, you need to be a Australian resident for a total of at least 10 years, with at least five of these years in one period.
Any eligible overseas pension must be applied for, and the rate will be taken into account when calculating the Australian Payment rate.
Age Eligibility for Aged Pension.
Birthday Between: 1 July 1952 to 31 December 1953, Eligible at 65 years and 6 months
Birthday Between: 1 January 1954 to 30 June 1955, Eligible at 66 years
Birthday Between: 1 July 1955 to 31 December 1956, Eligible at 66 years and 6 months
Birthday After: 1 January 1957, Eligible at 67 years
Australian Aged Pension Payment Rates.
- Australian Age Pension while outside Australia 14th September 2021
- Australian Aged Pension from September 2021 13th September 2021
- Australian Aged Pension and Work Bonus 7th August 2021
- Australian Aged Pension from March 2021 12th March 2021
- Australian Aged Pension from March 2020 24th March 2020
- Australian Aged Pension from September 2019 17th September 2019
- Australian Age Pensioner Updates April 2019 5th April 2019
- Australian Aged Pension from September 2018 10th September 2018
- Pension Age in Australia 6th September 2018
- Australian Aged Pension – Non-resident Citizen of Australia 9th August 2018
- Australian Aged Pension from March 2018 1st March 2018
- $3.05 per week Increase in Australian Aged Pension from Sept 2017 14th September 2017
- Aged Pension Rates in Australia 2017 14th September 2017
- Australian Aged Pension and Living Overseas 19th October 2015
- Aged Pension in Australia 23rd August 2015
Previous Total Aged Pension Rates
Married Person (each) Total Fortnightly Pension rates
Mar 2019 $698.10
Sep 2018 $690.70
Mar 2018 $684.10 This was an increase of $14.50 since March 2017, equal to 2.2% annual rise
Sep 2017 $674.20 This was an increase of $13.00 since September 2016, equal to 1.97% annual rise
Mar 2017 $669.60
Sep 2016 $661.20
Mar 2016 $658.70
Single Person Total Fortnightly Pension rates
Mar 2019 $926.20
Sep 2018 $916.30
Mar 2018 $907.60 This was an increase of $19.30 since March 2017, equal to 2.2% annual rise
Sep 2017 $894.40 This was an increase of $17.30 since September 2016, equal to 1.97% annual rise
Mar 2017 $888.30
Sep 2016 $877.10
Mar 2016 $873.90