Food Prices in Australia.
Some examples of our daily shopping prices in our local area of South East Queensland.
At August 2009.
- Avocados: $1.96 each in Woolworths
- Avocados: 9 cents each in the Victoria Point Fruit Market. (yes, NINE cents each)
- Bread: 650 gram sliced white Buttercup brand: $1.49
- Granny Smith Apples: $0.99 per kg
- Leg of Lamb: $8.99 per kg in Woolworths
- Butter unsalted: $1.39 for 250gm Homebrand
- Lurpack Butter unsalted: $7.00 for 500gm (2 x 250gm)
- Milk: $1.79 for 2 litres whole milk
These prices may not represent all areas of Queensland or Australia.