Quarantine Facilities Control International Arrival Numbers.
The current caps on overseas arrivals into Australia are at least 5,825 passengers per week.
This is made up of:
- 2,950 passenger arrivals per week into Sydney, NSW.
- 1,025 passengers per week into Perth, WA.
- 1,000 passengers per week into Brisbane, QLD.
- 600 arrivals per week into Adelaide, SA.
- 500 arrivals per fortnight in Darwin, NT. This is only for repatriation flights into the Howard Springs Quarantine Facility.
That adds up to 5,825 per week.
I have seen reports that say: “The current caps on overseas arrivals into Australia are 6,290 passengers per week.” That is 465 per week more than the above.
- Canberra, will also accept a number but on a case-by-case basis.
- None are allowed into Hobart, TAS.
- None are allowed into Melbourne, VIC.
Victoria is preparing to open its borders, in some ways, from November, and this includes Premier Daniel Andrews saying that he expected Melbourne will resume accepting international travellers at the end of November.
On Thursday he said: “We should be able to hit the target we agreed to at National Cabinet to have flights returning, people reunited with their families for Christmas,” “I think it is probably toward the end of November rather than the middle, I would think.”
Arrivals from New Zealand
From 16 October 2020, some travellers coming from New Zealand do not need to complete a 14 day mandatory quarantine.
These arrivals are therefore not counted in the total permitted arriving numbers.
Recent Related Posts
- Australia Reducing International Arrival Numbers 8th January 2021
- 28 New COVID-19 Cases in NSW 18th December 2020
- Reduction in Overseas Arrivals into Australia November 2020 17th December 2020
- COVID-19 and the Airlines 16th December 2020
- Overseas Arrivals into Australia 16th December 2020
- COVID-19 Cases in Australia to November 2020 3rd December 2020
- Australians now Reunited with Families. 16th November 2020
- Students coming to Australia – COVID. 14th November 2020
- Queensland Border Pass Changes from 10 November 2020 9th November 2020
- WA New COVID-19 Cases 1st November 2020