Student Visa or PR Visa for Australia

Should a Foreigner apply for a student visa to Australia or Apply Direct for a Permanent Visa?.

If you are eligible for PR then it is best to get PR directly.

If you do the Student Visa first, then you are just doing an extra visa application, or two, and having to spend out on Course Fees etc, while being limited to working hours.

After successfully completing the course of Study, you then do an application for the Temporary Graduate visa, followed by the final PR visa, the same as you would have done in the first place.

Common Student Visa Route to Australian Permanent Residency.

Apply for Student Visa (subclass 500). Complete the required course and, if successful, apply for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
The Student Visa (subclass 500) allows limited working hours in Australia.
The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies, and submit an application for Permanent Residency.

At that point the 485 visa holder can make an application for the Permanent Residency visa, often the subclass 189 or subclass 190.

  • Three Visa applications with all associated costs; subclass 500, subclass 485 and subclass 189 or 190.

Common Route to Australian Permanent Residency.

Apply for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) or Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

Agoda Hotel Bookings
Sponsor ai10
  • One Visa application with one lost of costs; subclass 189 or 190.
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x