Offshore Partner Visa 309-100

Australian Temporary Partner Visa 309-100 Offshore.

The Offshore Partner visas (subclasses 309 and 100) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.

This visa is applied for when the Applicant is NOT in Australia and is applied from their home country.

The initial application cover both the temporary visa, the subclass 309, and the permanent part the subclass 100.  The initial payment covers both visa fees.

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 309) is granted first and lets you come to Australia and stay while the permanent Partner visa (subclass 100) is processed.

The applicant can proceed to the 2nd stage of this visa, the subclass 100, twenty-four months after they have applied for the temporary 309 visa. This second stage process requires further proof that the couple are still in a committed relationship.  Some people accidentally wait for 24 months after the 309 is granted, but that length of time is not required. It is for 24 months after the 309 is applied for.

From 2021 it is expected that the Applicant will need to prove “functional” English at this point, when applying for the subclass 100 Permanent Visa.

Offshore Partner Visa Page Listings.